Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Creakier

Now that I'm officially into my 40s, I've noticed that my energy levels, and general creakiness, has noticeably increased. Not to horrible levels -- but enough to make me think that my body has entered a new mode.

Like, wake up with a sore neck more often than I used to. Every two months or so -- which isn't a lot -- but still, it's more.

Or my general energy levels. Over the last year or so, if I'm sitting down or flopped out on the couch, I'm more likely to ask the kids to fetch something for me, rather than getting it myself. But, maybe that's just 'cause the kids are more capable than they were a year ago. ;)


--GG

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 02, 2011 5:22 PM, Anonymous Giovanna said...

Unless you are very sick, you should probably hop yourself off the couch and get whatever it is that you need.

How are your calcium levels? How much (cow/soy) milk do you drink every day? If not 3 1/3 cups, then you likely aren't drinking enough.

For a few years my shoulders used to hurt after lying on my side for just a few minutes. I couldn't sleep on my side anymore, because they hurt too much. I was getting creaky. I thought I was getting old. (This was back in my early 30s.)

BUT THEN I was diagnosed with a disease, which had as a side effect (not even mentioned by the doctor--I had to do my own research) problems with calcium absorption. After being successfully treated for the disease (and thus able to absorb calcium again), all my aches and pains and shoulder pain went away! I have since noticed that if I don't drink much milk for a few weeks (such as going on vacation), then the shoulder pain (etc.) comes back again! Drinking milk makes it leave again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home