Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Got cramps

The title to this blog entry is actually a bit of a pun: in the UK, they call clamps "cramps".

Wooden clamps are darned useful for creating a "handle" on your workpiece, when you're doing woodworking: once you have your "handle", then you can use a regular clamp to lock the whole thing to your workbench. (An application of that is explained here -- which is also the source of the above photo.)

I had a birthday a few days back, and I included wooden handscrews (i.e., wooden clamps) on my wish list. Well, my parents-in-law bought me a pair of 'em. So, now I have some! They will very, very much come in handy. :)


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home