Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Reluctant upgrade

Good news: For my birthday, my in-laws gave me Seasons 1-3 of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER -- one of my current favorite t.v. shows. I never get around to watching it, because around here (Brisbane, Australia) it's on somewhat late at night, when I'm doing other more important things. Plus, I know I'll eventually get it on DVD... :)

The downside: the audio tracks are all in 5.1 -- which means that I can't hear the dialogue! So, I'm gonna have to get the cheapest set of 5.1 speakers I can find -- hopefully around a hundred bucks. I don't care about room-filling sound: I just wanna hear the dialogue.

IMO, new formats and technologies should be back-compatible with the old stuff: DVD-ROM drives should accept CD-Rs; USB 2.0 ports should allow USB 1.1; and etc.


--GG


(Addendum: Found an el-cheapo unit for AU$85. Yeah, that's sufficiently inexpensive.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home