Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

30 Days of Night

I had high hopes, when I rented 30 DAYS OF NIGHTS on DVD. A good premise: a small town in Alaska, where in mid-winter they get 30 days of no sunlight, gets taken over by a group of vampires.

Unfortunately, the execution did not live up to its potential. In my assessment.

The big indicator: It was a weeklong rental. I got interrupted about halfway through the movie, and never came back to it. So, the night before it was due back, I skipped to the final scene, just to see how it ended. And, eh. Defied logic a bit. Several aspects of the final "showdown" fight, actually.


Rent it only if you're **big** into vampire movies -- because, yes, it **is** a vampire movie. Not **horrible**. Just "eh".

In my assessment.


--GG

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home