Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, November 04, 2010

More wood scavenging

So, yesterday I was driving through a neighborhood near ours, and saw a construction dumpster out on the sidewalk: doing some remodeling on a house. After my errand I parked near it, got out, and asked the guys if I could take some of the wood from the dumpster. Sure; whatever.

So, a nice little haul. Four or five pieces were too long to fit in the back of the SUV without removing the childrens' booster seats (a total nuisance), so I wrapped them in a blanket and put them in the front passenger seat, with one end down in the footwell.

Most of these were 2" x 4"s; there were also a fair bit of heavy-duty plywood, about two inches thick.

Most of the longer pieces of lumber, plus the two partial sheets (chipboard, I think) will be of immediate use, as this weekend (or next) I'm hoping to finish my lumber rack.


I already carry rope, and two moving blankets, in the back of the car. Gotta start carrying work gloves, as well...


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home