Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, September 07, 2008

A pleasant Father's Day

Here in Aussie-land, today (Sunday) was Father's Day.

Had a nice day. Went to church, came home, planted potatoes with The Girl (who seemed a little non-plussed when the plants didn't immediately start sprouting). Did some ''around-the-yard'' stuff, including cutting a hole in the front fence to try out a new location for our front gate: we're still figuring out where exactly we want our driveway.

Also mowed the doggie yard: when the grass gets too long and starts tickling his butt, he's less willing to go outside to ''do his business'' in the dewy morning, and on rainy days.


Had takeaway pizza for dinner -- at my request -- with plently left over for lunch tomorrow.


The kids got me the Flight of the Conchords (Season 1) DVD, and The Lady got me two guitar effects pedals and a book on Ju-Jitsu. I'll watch an episode or two tonight, before going to bed. :)


Didn't touch my Dissertation today, 'cause -- you know: Father's Day.


Good stuff; great kids; good to be a Dad. :)


--GG

2 Comments:

At September 09, 2008 2:27 PM, Blogger timidvenus said...

my hubby LOVES flight of the conchords. our doughter got him a t-shirt from cafepress.com for fathers day that reads 'hiphopopotomus rhymenocerous' with pictures of both of those animals. so, i guess fotc gits are perfect for fathers day...

 
At September 09, 2008 3:12 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Good stuff! Being an American living in Australia, the "confusing New Zealanders with Australians, English, etc." is particularly amusing.

My daughter and I danced around to the "Hiphopopot. and Rhymonc." song two nights ago. This morning she asked if we could listen to it again. I said we could after I got home from work. :)


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home