Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Government inspector joke

Sent to me by my Peacemongering uncle. I tried editing it so it **didn't** take place in Kenya -- but it actually seemed funnier if it DID take place in Kenya, so I left it as it was originally. (The joke was sent to my uncle from a guy from Kenya, FWIW.)


An inspector with the Agricultural Ministry in Luo Nyanza went to a Farm to carry out inspection. The Farmer receives him, but warns him not to go in the field which he indicated.

"What? Listen Mr. Farmer I am an inspector and I have authority to go anywhere I have to. You see this card?!! This is from the Government of Kenya itself. It gives me authority!!"

With that he strode out to do his inspection. A while later the farmer saw him running out of the field he had warned him not to enter, with the Prize bull hot on his heels.

The Farmer leaned over the fence and yelled, "The Card!!......Show him the Card!!"


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home