Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, September 05, 2008

Addendum to recording analogy

1) Back when I was actually recording songs: once I knew the specific arrangement, the **recording** process (programming the drum machine; choosing and setting up gear; laying down tracks; mixdown) took almost exactly eight hours per song.

I'm hoping that this means that once the kids are a little older, and my gear is once again set up, that I can knock out a song per weekend -- or even, per fortnight (i.e. two weeks). All it requires is an hour or two during a few weeknight evenings, or during the weekend.

If I manage to get in two hours on Saturday, and two on Sunday, then that's one song a fortnight, or two songs a month. If you figure that a typical album is 8-12 songs, then every four to six months I'll have produced an album's worth of stuff.

Assuming I have songs already written. :)


2) Dang, I miss that stuff.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home