Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, September 01, 2008

Wordplay on anti-inoculation

According to some fliers that are occasionally placed in the parents' room at our local mall, and the occasional news story on the semi-legitimate news programs, there's a small movement of parents who think inoculations cause more problems than they prevent.

I won't go in to why this is based on flawed understandings of science and statistics (but if someone feels like rattling my cage, in the Comments section, I'll probably be drawn in).


Instead, I just wanted to share my recent discovery that "needles" and "needless" are only one character different.

To my knowledge, no one in the ''anti-inoculation" movement has seized on this as a punchy slogan:

NEEDLES are
NEEDLESS!!!

or

Avoid
NEEDLESS
NEEDLES!!!


Wouldn't that make a nifty bumper sticker, campaign button, t-shirt design, and etc.?

And -- that's my creative think-thing for the day.

Ayep.


--GG

1 Comments:

At September 17, 2008 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is amusing! I really like the old but trusty, "Bad spellers of the world -- UNTIE!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home