Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Myers-Briggs personality and Star Trek

Found these by accident while prepping for next week's lecture.

This is a good mini- version of the Myers-Briggs personality type test. I like it because it's ''online'', but it's sufficiently straightforward that you could also print it out and do it pencil-and-paper style. Also, unlike most (all?) versions that I've seen, it gives you several indicators at once, so you can more easily decide which ''type'' you are.

Once you've done that -- this is the M-B personality types, illustrated by various Star Trek characters.


I'm an almost perfect split between "Thinking" and "Feeling" -- but all the rest are pretty clear-cut. So, I'm either "INTP" (Worf [??!!]), or "INFP" (Garak, Kes).


--GG

3 Comments:

At August 30, 2008 9:13 AM, Blogger slag said...

Freakily accurate. I've done Myers-Briggs multiple times and always come out INTJ. I've also done Star Trek character tests and have come out Picard. And wouldn't you know it...Jean Luc = INTJ. Personally, I find it pretty wiggy. Disturbing even.

 
At September 08, 2008 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

isfp-composer

The Doctor from Voyager

 
At September 08, 2008 12:09 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Bier Weasel: Yep -- I can see that in you. :)


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home