Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Australian Fathers Day

(Again, I've intentionally omitted the apostrophe from this blog's title: it generates a weird character code in the URL.)

Today was Father's Day in Australia, and the photo to the left has very little to do with what I did today. Except that it's a photo of me.

Lovely weather today (and yesterday) -- springtime-y. Wish I could've done some yardwork, or maybe puttered around in the shed, or did some yardwork. Instead, logged a lot of hours cleaning this data for work. Ah well -- getting near done.

The kids gave me a bunch of things they made at school/daycare. Cute! Also a book on tools.

The Lady gave me a few things, including two Steve Irwin DVDs and a roofer's hatchet.


Father's Day, so dealer's choice for dinner. I ordered pizza. Two larges are about right for us -- but I ordered three, in order to wrangle some leftovers.


All in all, a good day. Lotsa hugs. :)


I probably **should** stay up 'til 2am or so to work on this data -- but, dagnabit!, it's Father's Day. So I'm calling it quits at midnight. Plus or minus two hours isn't gonna ruin my timeline. ;)


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home