Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Random thoughts

Three random thoughts:

1) This afternoon I meant to log a few more hours on my timesheet (I'm at home today with the boys). But ended up spending an hour and a half instant-messaging with my Guitar Cousin. Good stuff; should do that more often.

2) Time (hours and minutes; minutes and seconds) is a base 60 counting system: We don't say "one hour and sixty minutes" -- we say "two hours". Noticed this as I was adding up my timesheet. (Clearly, I already knew how to add minutes into hours; just never thought to interpret it as "base sixty" before.

3) As I was making myself a snack: I **do** like a nice cup of tea… :)


--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home