Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, August 30, 2010

Less hair

I did my semiannual haircut a few days ago -- with the help of my 5yo daughter. Funny thing: every time I have a haircut, I end up with less hair. And I don't just mean **shorter** -- I mean that the count decreases. Either that, or my forehead it just expanding.

These photos are all by my 5yo daughter.


This first one is the ''before''. I can't be bothered (and/or am too cheap!) to go to the barber's, so I wait until my hair gets long enough to start annoying me, and then I shave it back.

I think this is the bushiest my beard has ever been: usually I'll shave it back two or three times between haircuts -- but not this time.



Here, I've shaved off my chin. I think it looks a bit Edwardian: with the right suit and hat, I could run for the Senate in the 1880s. But the wife didn't like it.



Another stage in the evolution (or, de-evolution?). I think I look a bit like Isaac Asimov.



Yet another one. Looks like someone glued a small animal pelt to my jaw.



Almost there. My wife says that I look the youngest with the longer hair, but no beard (beards add age to men). The longer hair somewhat disguises my receding hairline. But -- eh.



And -- the final product!


Ayep!


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home