Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, April 21, 2008

Quantifying pop songs

Google and the internets are magical things. On the way back from my first tutorial today, I saw these graphs posted on someone's office door -- but, no citation as to where they got them.

However, a brief round of Googling, and I found a repository. Ooh, yeah.

Funny -- although many of them are probably generational: you gots to be of a certain age.


These three are the ones I saw posted on the person's door (you'll have to click on 'em, to make them large enough to read):





This next one, my dad would "get"...




These next two, I found by accident while clicking on the various thumbnails looking for the three above. I'm sure there's more.

(Slag -- "Doncha think"? Yeah, I know -- wrong song.)


Again: this next one, my dad would "get"...


And I didn't include the two or three that I didn't get; clearly, some song that I'm not up on.


--GG

5 Comments:

At April 21, 2008 2:18 PM, Blogger timidvenus said...

theres also this one (one of my favorites)

http://graphjam.com/

 
At April 22, 2008 2:07 AM, Blogger timidvenus said...

also, off topic, thought you might find this comic funny:
http://xkcd.com/413/

 
At April 23, 2008 2:18 PM, Blogger slag said...

I seem to only get the ones your dad would get. I'm guessing that other one is by what's-her-name. But I don't know the song. I may search the fabulous internets for it, should my curiosity overwhelm me.

 
At April 23, 2008 4:54 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

TimidVenus,

Thx for that! Good one -- esp since I own an eee... :)


--GG

 
At April 23, 2008 11:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your dad and I should have a sing along :)
I'm sure I'll be spending the rest of my workday at that site, so thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home