Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, April 07, 2008

Character, or cruelty?

So, I woke up around 11pm, 3am, and 4:45am to barf -- several times each round. This morning I felt un-well, partly due to the lack of sleep, and partly just to the intestinal stuff.

But, I had tutorials to cover -- and no one to sub for me -- so I came in.

Except for dry-heaving in the men's room between the first and second tutorial, I've been pretty o.k. -- just fatigued.

So: Either I'm a slave to responsibility, for coming in -- or I'm a walking disease vector. Or, both.


--GG

Addendum: And, dry-heaving in the men's room at 5pm, just before being picked up to go home. And twice that evening at home.

(Yes, you really needed to know that...)

5 Comments:

At April 08, 2008 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sense a song in there somewhere... "Dry heaving in the men's room. Hawupppp....Hawupppp." Has kind of a nice rhythm.
-GC

 
At April 08, 2008 1:18 PM, Blogger timidvenus said...

i vote for walking vector. :)

 
At April 08, 2008 10:27 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

re: song potential: Sounds kinda hip-hop to me...


--GG

 
At April 13, 2008 1:06 AM, Blogger slag said...

Ewww...

 
At April 16, 2008 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say "walking disease vector." You never know who might have an immune-compromised member of the household that your sickness might eventually kill. (Old person, person w/ any organ transplant, baby, teenager with some bad diseas, etc.) At the very least, the chance is there that someone will touch your vomit in the men's room (or touch the desk you were touching or....) and lick their finger while they're eating their chips and BOOM! They are sick!

IF you don't want to stay home, I would suggest announcing to your class that you are VERY sick, and anybody that wants to is welcome to leave -- they are responsible for learning/knowing the info that you will LATER post on the website. (Or if it's a check-in session you can tell them to email you/call you and you'll reply.) It would also be good to announce that you are very carefully washing your hands numerous times.

Still, I always get upset at co-workers and store clerks and members of the public who go out and about when they are obviously sick. The worst flu I've had in about 10 years was from a lady behind me in line at Fred Meyer, who was complaining in a VERY loud voice how terrible she felt. She was buying clothes! About a day later, I got the sickest I'd been in years.... Her plentiful coughing into the air (no covering her mouth!) must have done it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home