Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Soliciting future bandmates

Running errands at the local mall with The Lady and The Bub, I bought -- with The Lady's major assistance -- a mystery novel for my mom, for Mother's Day. As we were purchasing it, I noted that the sales clerk guy that worked there a lot seemd like a nice fella. Decided to try out my new approach to rounding up bandmates. Instead of posting ads in the local music magazines, soliciting those of similar musical tastes, I'd go personality first: If the person seems swell, see if they play an instrument, and go from there.

So, I asked him if he plays an instrument. He said he used to play bass, but not any more. Why not? I asked. Busy with university: he's in his final year. I probed further, and apparently he's an fine arts major, specializing in film and video prodcution-type things. I mentioned my interest in shooting a few music videos -- When I Finish My Dissertation (TM) -- and he seemed somewhat interested. Either that, or he was humouring a mildly-deranged customer. Either way, I'll follow up on the possibility when I indeed FMD.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home