Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A day with The Kid

We usually like to give Mum a day off one day a week, so I took The Kid for the day. Hadn't been home during ''business hours'' for quite a while, so I took the opportunity to make the loop of my favorite guitar-sellling pawn shops, to see if anything caught my fancy.

This tour included seeing if a small pawn shop in Wynnum still had this electric guitar, and electric bass, that I'd seen there back in November. Both had been distinctive, and both had been reasonably priced: about AU$150 each, IIRC.

Had meant to go check it out again, but they're only open M-F, and a half-day on Saturday. Wasn't sure if the guitars were still there.

Stopped on by. Either the guitar and bass were gone -- I didn't remember exactly what they looked like, just that they looked ''distinctive'' and ''neat-o'' -- or else my tastes had changed, because I didn't see anything there I desperately wanted. Saw an electric guitar, and an electric bass there that might have been the instruments in question. But, eh.


Anyhow, a good day, hanging with The Kid. ;)

Beats workin'.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home