Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, May 05, 2006

Continued attempts

Tried the Mandake/Mandriva installation again, but it keeps getting stuck, for one reason or another. Thought maybe it's because I dared to defy the default window manager (KDE) by requesting Gnome in addition -- so I tried it without. No difference.

Did a new burn of Ark Linux 2005.1, direct from DVD to hard drive to CD-R, with no CD-RW in the middle (via the Win XP machine that I bought from work). No improvement.

Also tried another distro I haven't heard of, from my Linux magazine DVD: Deep Water Linux 0.4.0-beta. (Deep Water... ooooh....!) But, as with many of them, it requires hitting ''Enter'' to actually get going. Foo.

But -- I have hope! :)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home