Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, March 24, 2006

Got dead HDs

The Lady threw out her back last night, so this morning I got to play sherpa and carry her school bag up to her office for her. On the way out, I stopped by their I.T. guy and asked him if the dead hard drives we'd spoken of last week were handy, or hard to get to.

Turns out they were easy to get to: Inside a cabinet just a few steps away, in a box right in front. Not sure why he keeps a box of dead HDs -- I'm sure there's some legitimate I.T. reason ;) -- but I'm glad he does.

Gave me three dead HDs, including one that was bracketed to a dead floppy drive. Rock on -- partially makes up for my missing the PC dumpster from a week ago.

One HD is 212MB, and the other is 546MB; the third one is unspecified. (''Hi! I hold less data than a CD-RW!'') I wonder if old, small hard drives feel sad and lonely, now that 20GB hard drives (and larger!) are now the norm?


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home