Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Spoon!

I'm figuring two of my readers will appreciate this. Maybe more.



Either Saturday or Sunday, I worked with The Kid on teaching her to exclaim ''SPOON!!!'' in a dramatic manner.

As I recall, she was sitting in her high chair, and The Lady was getting ready to feed her. The Lady and I are gradually teaching her language -- at this stage, mostly just the names of things -- and since she was holding a spoon...

But it just seemed -- better -- to hold it up in a dramatic manner, and exclaim it -- rather than just ''say'' it.



She appreciated it; whenever I did it, she laughed.

And, with some prompting, I got her to (somewhat) say it with flourish, herself.


We're gonna have a lot of fun when she actually learns how to talk. ;)


Ayep!


--GG

3 Comments:

At March 22, 2006 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPOON! Much catchier than in German -
Loeffel!

 
At March 27, 2006 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great images! Did you do that work, or was "spoon" actually a theme of that comic's episode?

 
At March 27, 2006 4:00 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

It's an ongoing theme. :)

I'm not much up on the comic books (although I think Bierhoernchen has a lot of them), but I've seen all the animated cartoons (The Tabulator, from my old university, has them), and the cartoons seems to follow the comic books pretty closely.

Just based on a Google search. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home