Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, March 17, 2006

Giddy over computers

Very interesting: I'm still feeling quite elated -- giddy; tickled; ''hee-hee-hee'' -- over having gathered up computer pieces. Very odd, that just making sure that each PC had a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and appropriate cables would jazz me up so much.

Same feeling I get when I've played distorted guitar. And, to a slightly lesser extent, playing the electric bass, or drums, or synth, or trombone or trumpet.

But not when I do social science research, or woodworking: That's more of a ''dum-dee-dum,'' puttery sort of thing -- interspersed with ''Hmmmm!'' when I get to the stage of running the data, and finding patterns.

Of course, not all computer things jazz me up: wrestling with stupid things that don't work leaves me very much quite cold.


In some ways, my life would be easier if I had one, single, over-riding burning passion. But I don't. It's more like six(?) things that I really like doing (and am good at?). Which is more diverse, and thus makes me a more well-rounded person: Because each of my main interests has small related offshoots, I know at least a little bit about a lot of things.

But the downside is that having many divergent intersts (1) takes up more space, and (2) costs more to indulge in.

Ah well. :)

Ayep!


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home