Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Applied dork-ism

The Lady woke up this morning, definitely with a cold. The Bub, we suspected yesterday she had a cold, and she does indeed: full-snot nose, coughing, the works.

I, however, am fine.

On the way here, on the long (14 hr.) flight across the Pacific, for a lot of it I wore swim goggle and a disposable sanding mask with a wetted hankie inside. It embarassed my wife a bit, 'cause I looked like a dork.

But, I attribute my non-sickness to it: They kept my eyes and throat juicy. (''Normal'' humidity is around 30%-50%, IIRC. I took a hygrometer (sp?) on a plane, once, and it was down to 12%. Yeow!!!

A tip to all airplane travellers: Applied dork-ism is o.k.

Better a dork today than a cold tomorrow.


--TWAB

P.S. The Lady had a nap this morning, and is a lot better, now.

1 Comments:

At December 17, 2005 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great scott! I'm not sure who is braver, you or your lady! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home