Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Wood-working brother

My brother in Seattle just sent me an e-mail w/ attached pics of a cabinet he's making using [mostly] hand tools and misc. scraps of wood. The photo to the left is the cabinet, sitting on top of his mostly-completed workbench (again, using scraps, and mostly hand tools).

One of the first things I'll do WIFMD (When I Finish My Dissert) is get one of the two workbenches that my wife's uncle Jack (lives next door) has offered me. One of them used to belong to one her great-grandfathers, who was supposedly a boat-builder. Simple (no drawers, just a sturdy wooden table), but somefamilyhistory. Will have it up on plywood, under a $20 portablegazebo, in the backyard. But can't work too late in the evening, dueto mozzies...

--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home