Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

More musical longings

For immigration purposes, had to go to the local police station to get fingerprinted: to upgrade from ''Partner Visa'' to ''Permanent Resident,'' need to get an F.B.I. background check to show I'm not a baddie (or at least, not a wanted or convicted baddie).

Cost a fee of AU$21.80 for the fingerprints. Across the street from the ATM was a pawn shop. Nipped in while The Lady got some cash.

Had been in that one a few times before, and they typcially have a pretty bland, limited selection of guitars: only 8-10, and all fake Strats and ''heavy metal''-style guitars. But this time, two took my fancy: one was a single-pickup electric bass with a swirly (homemade?) paint job; the other was a '70s-'80s-ish electric guitar, burgandy, with an unusual body shape, pickups, and switch configuration. IIRC the bass was AU$160 and the guitar was AU$200 -- asking price (I'd negotatiate!). But I could have the prices reversed.

Again, not good timing relative to the budget. But, will come back in a month or so, see if one or both of them are still there. And use their lack of movement as further leverage on my bargaining.


Also, thanks to the afore-mentioned e-mail discussing effects pedals, I've tossed down a few low-ball bids on e-bay. We'll see if any come up; if they do, one of my family can give them to me for Christmas. ;)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home