Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

We have turkeys

Just got back to work: left around 4pm, because I need to stay late and work on a report to a client, but we don’t have the statistical software at home. (Actually, I do -- somewhere -- on CD-ROM, but I can’t seem to find it. A problem with moving countries, then swapping bedroom and home office: stuff gets misplaced.) Since we only have one car, it made more sense for both of us to go home, then I drive back by myself. This way, The Bub can go to bed and not be disturbed, and I can stay (mostly!) as late as I need to.

So, it’s about six p.m., I’ve parked the car - - and I see a turkey walking along. I think they’re called ‘’scrub turkeys.’’ Scrawny little fellas - - like the wild turkeys in North America, before selective breeding kicked in.

No pigeons. But we have turkeys.


--GG

2 Comments:

At December 14, 2005 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you et em, or is that frowned upon?

 
At December 15, 2005 5:32 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Both, I think: Gastromically possible, but they're probably a ''protected'' species -- as are most native animals here.

--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home