Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Cheap black Tolne 35mm plastic camera

This set is in color, rather than black and white.  It's a point-and-shoot, doesn't take batteries:  I used a lightmeter app on my phone, and shot if the total exposure was sufficiently close for the photos to get decently exposed.

The brand is "Tolne"; not sure if the model number is on the camera.  I bought it for I think AU$15, used.  Black and grey.  










I like the look, and want to try it with some black and white film.  Unfortunately, the film got stuck partway through the roll -- and when I pushed harder, something inside broke -- so the camera no longer measures out single-frame increments:  instead, I have to guess.  I'll live with it -- but it means that I'll have to leave extra gaps between the exposures -- which means I won't get the full benefit of the roll.

As usual:  no edits; I chose the better shots from the roll; double-click to see the pics better. :) 


--GG

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home