Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, September 17, 2022

More pics with the cheap obsolete digital camera

Some photographers like to "pixel peep", as it's known among photography folk:  zoom in on the digital photos or the scans of their negatives, to obsess over the image quality (sharpness of focus, chromatic aberration, and the like).  In contrast, I'm primarily about the framing and the shapes -- and then about the colors.  I'm perfectly happy -- even prefer -- that my photos look like oil paintings rather than hyper-crisp photographs.

So -- here are some more photos with the Traveller DCM 8020.  They're all from a recent walk from the train station to the mechanic's, to pick up my car after work.  I was inspired to take my tiny digital camera, rather than a film camera.

As always, I intentionally put the camera on the lowest resolution, two stops darker exposure (it only has "auto exposure"), and maximum color saturation.  And as always, these exclude the tons of photos that weren't as good:  I tried a lot of angles, and most didn't work out.  ;)


(Ya gotta double-click to enlarge them:  they're not as nice when they're tiny.)  :)

 


















 

Catch you next time.  :)

 

--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home