Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Box camera with Lomography Redscale 120 film

This roll was a little more interesting.  Shot on a Kodak Box Brownie, where I had a little bit of choice for the aperture size.

This was shot on Lomography brand "Redscale" 120-size film, which supposedly boosts the reds and oranges.  I can see it a little bit -- but mostly, it just looks "1970s" to me (which is okay -- it's a "look").

A web search indicated that to really get the vibrant reds and oranges, you need to over-expose the shot slightly.  I was aiming for that -- but I probably didn't "lean into it" as much as I could've.

I have a few more rolls of this -- so next time I'll shoot through a camera that shoots 120 and lets me vary the shutter speed and/or aperture.


A few good shots.  The one of the logs is my favorite (shot in the woods behind my house).  The steps are from a (closed) African restaurant that's on the way to my kids' school:  I wanted to take a shot of the whole building (it's painted orange) -- but the sun was too low in the sky to make the orange walls super bright -- and I needed to get going to work.  I'll have to visit it on the weekend, where I can wait for the sun to be a little higher in the sky.

Remember to double-click, to see them properly:  a lot of them just look "cluttered" when they're not enlarged.  :) 






An interesting double-exposure on that last one, there -- a white house in the middle of the pile of plastic bottles.

I'm getting better at not doing accidental double-exposures when shooting 120:  I now leave the roll "between numbers" after I take a shot, and only queue up the number when I'm about to shoot.


As usual -- no "color grading" after the fact:  this is just the un-enhanced digital scans of the negatives.  :)


--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home