Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Day three plus one of working from home

I have a small stash of CDs at work that I listen to during the day -- but of course, most of my CDs are at home.

Now that I'm working from home, I thought I'd start to go through all the CDs that I've been keeping in the hopes that "maybe one day my tastes will change".  But now that I'm thoroughly middle-aged, I know they won't.

In four days, I've gone through a shoebox sized stack of CDs:  I'm keeping 30-40%, and will give away the other 60-70%.  Nothing wrong with the CDs:  they're just not "catchy" enough for me, or too deeply into a genre that I'm only somewhat into (e.g. I like some hip-hop; I like some metal....).

I estimate I have 19 "bins" (let's call them; 1 bin is about 2 shoeboxes) of CDs to review: this is only the "ambiguous" ones, and excludes the CDs that I know I like.

I've processed half a bin in four workdays. So that's one bin in eight workdays. 

So it should take me about 152 workdays to process all 19 bins.

Five workdays in a workweek.  So that's 30.4 weeks.

It's three-fifths (i.e .60%, or 0.6 of a week) through the current workweek.  So, by this weekend I'll have about 30 weeks remaining.

If I've browsed the calendar correctly, that's Friday, Oct 30th.


Hopefully we'll be released by then...


And:  that could be an over-estimate.


--GG

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home