Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Excess office donation

This is for the kids, to read someday.  I think they're too young to fully appreciate it now.


Whenever there's a "gift collection" at work for a birthday, retirement, illness, or whatever -- I always put in about three(?) times what "normal" people put in.  (I have a standard amount.)

My reasoning is that my excess donation inflates the total, which then gives the recipient the impression of a greater number of supportive people.  This, presumably, makes the recipient happier, and/or feel more cared for.  This is a good thing.

I'm willing to spend a bit extra, if it makes someone happy.


--GG

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 21, 2017 11:03 AM, Anonymous Giovanni said...

Would it be bad to let you know that you're just making it more lucrative for Jeremy, who always skims money off the top of the collection? ;/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home