Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Shot some footage

I had a good day today.  For the last few weeks I've been wanting to shoot some footage for a future "Gye Greene and Tall Guy" music video, to accompany a song that I have in my head but haven't yet recorded.

There have been a few days where I've wanted to shoot, but for one reason or another it didn't work out.

Today it worked out.


The first scene shows me getting ready to run.  Here's two examples of the unedited footage:  a push shot, and some other sort of dolly shot (don't know the technical term).





BTW -- it was three in the afternoon on a sunny day -- so the black asphalt was burning my fingertips.  The look of "concentration" is actually me suppressing the pain in my fingers.


The middle scene -- no footage yet -- has me running, running, running (vaguely inspired by Run, Lola, Run).  I'll shoot those takes on another day.


And, here's one take of the final scene.





Note that in the actual music video, all the footage will be flipped:  I'm envisioning it as me running from left to right...


One of these days I'll actually record the song; I can't edit the footage until I have the music to synch it to.

At the moment, I'm just going with whatever creative endeavor -- songwriting/recording, woodworking, video work -- I'm inspired to do at that moment.


Special thanks to The Girl for the camerawork; the tall next-door boy cousin for the dolly work and the camerawork; and The Lady's brother for traffic spotting while we shot footage while standing in the road.


--GG 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home