Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, December 26, 2016

Egg in the open

Well, today is Boxing Day -- the day after Christmas -- and a public holiday in Australia.  So I'm puttering around, doing various things.

I have a small fire bowl that I sometimes make campfires in -- and a metal barrel that I sometimes use as a rain shield.  When the fire's going and the rain hits the barrel, it hisses -- which made me think, "Hey -- I should try cooking on it."

So today I took and egg and my tiny "single fried egg" Teflon frying pan, and gave it a try.  I put a square of aluminum foil over the top to keep the steam in a bit, to get the top of the egg to cook as well.



It seemed to work.  Experiment:  a success!!!



--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home