Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Well timed

Today is Saturday (local time).

Thursday, I began my "buy one book (usually a graphic novel) a month online". It was a used book, but because it was being shipped internationally, the shipping and handling was about a third of the total transaction cost.

Yesterday, during my lunch break at my new job downtown, I came across a comic book store. Same graphic novel, new, and the cover price was exactly the same as the total transaction of the book I'd bought the night before -- so I could've had the book **in hand**, rather than waiting a week. Gah.

Today -- Saturday -- I got up early to check my e-mail. Turns out my online order was cancelled.

That's actually handy: Monday I'm gonna go buy the same item from the comic book store. Plus, I'll be supporting a local business -- a small business.


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home