Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

We HAVE the technology

Yee-AWWW!!! :) Gots us some home internets.

While I was working at the university, I'd go in every few days and check my personal e-mail, and address the most pressing ones. But since leaving the university, and starting my government job -- they're super-strict on internet usage. So, I decided I simply wouldn't use my personal e-mail at work.

Over the next few days, I'll start back-populating the various blog entries that I meant to include over the last few weeks. Unless that doesn't appeal to me. And then I won't.

Also: my innate frugality (or just "cheapness") will find an equilibrium with my newfound additional income. Mostly, my extra income will manifest itself in little ways around the edges. Such as: Once a month, I intend to buy a book online (twenty bucks or so). Usually, a graphic novel. Woo-hoo!!!


--GG

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 03, 2011 1:31 AM, Blogger Laura Clement said...

I am thrilled you have a job. So, some idea's for books... Have you read the dinosaur series from Jane Yolen (kids books to read to the kids) or Foiled also by Jane Yolen, or the Pigeon books by Mo Willems? These were fabulous at the writers conference!

 
At February 04, 2011 11:48 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Thx for the tips! :)


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home