Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, January 10, 2011

To insights to job hunting

Hm.

As I've mentioned, I've been (essentially) laid off: the project I was working on has ended, and my supervisor's follow-up grant didn't come through. So, I've applied for a few jobs, and am asking around to previous people I've worked for if they have any part-time work.

Two insights to job hunting:

1) Because December-January is summer **and** Christmas break in Australia, a lot of folks take their vacation during that period. Thus, it's really hard to contact folks: all you get is their vacation messages stating that they'll be back in mid-January.

2) I was gonna go sign up at a temp agency. However, it's hard to look for work during a natural disaster.


Hm.


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home