Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

New department

My dept. (at work) is so new that we're just now getting letterheads, a logo, a color scheme. I think we get to see it all next week... :)

Also: the last time I had business cards was (I believe) 1992. Since then, I've worked retail, temp work, and misc. short-term university teaching and research stuff. But, no F/T continuing gigs...

Considering I have a college degree (and, since 1999, a Master's degree), that's a little sad.


--GG

Labels:

4 Comments:

At February 03, 2011 1:28 AM, Blogger Laura Clement said...

Yay for being grown up and having business cards! LOL

 
At February 04, 2011 4:52 AM, Blogger (not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

A couple of different times I've had business cards provided by my employer. The first thought on each occasion was, "What are these for?"

 
At February 04, 2011 10:26 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Clem,


Thx! :)


--GG

 
At February 05, 2011 8:52 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Purpose of business cards: In my case, it's so I remember my dept. and job title. (I wrote them down on a piece of paper; had to keep referring to them.)


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home