Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, February 06, 2011

About work

Just to be clear: In general, I won't be blogging much about work -- particularly about co-workers, or the work we do (government stuff; semi-secretive).

But -- since it's still all pretty new to me...

As I may have mentioned: a seven-person office at them moment; will max out at 11 or 12, once additional hiring occurs. Everyone seems nice. :)

We're pretty new: existed since Oct.; moved into the current office in early Nov. of 2010.

One of the guys in the office has a bit of a rockabilly haircut -- somewhat like the one in the photo I've grabbed. He always wears long-sleeved shirts, but I wouldn't be surprised if he plays in a rockabilly band and has flames or fuzzy dice or an eight-ball tattooed on his forearms.

Regarding the dress code: The other males in the office wear slacks and a long-sleeve dress shirt, but no tie. On Friday, wore a polo shirt. So, on my first few days, I wore a tie. Weds/Thursday, I brought a tie in and laid it on my desk, put it on around 2pm.
Friday, brought the tie in, never got around to putting it on.

But, I'll keep on wearing ties: I have a collection of about 50-60 ties, so I'll methodically wear one per day, until I've worn each one once.


Also: Found out that the Director (the boss of the whole office) used to be in a band! On Wednesday, the lady in the next cubicle over had a CD case on her desk, and I noticed it was the Director's! An acoustic guitar duo, with a bit of mandolin and etc. Decent stuff; she has a good voice. Apparently, though, the duo fell apart.

And that lady in the next cubicle's partner plays guitar -- jazz-blues stuff. So, maybe an office band? Although -- very different styles from mine.


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home