Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Banjo mod

I'm pretty sure that -- as with guitar strings and drum heads -- you're supposed to change your banjo head (the resonating skin) every once in a while. I don't -- but you're probably supposed to.

I used to put stickers and such on my musical instruments. Not so much now (except for NilSonance stickers! and then, only tastefully). But I was abruptly inspired to draw on my banjo head -- and because the head not an integral part of the banjo, I was o.k. with it.

(Photo above is the "BEFORE" shot.)


Toyed with sketching out the proportions first. But, it's more exciting to just jump in -- which I did. Turned out pretty well -- although in hindsight it could've been an inch lower: better balance. Ah well.



Showed it to The Girl, and she wanted to have a go, as well. So, I let her draw on my snare drum. Pictured.




I like it. :)


--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home