Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Technology signs

A year ago -- maybe two -- I tried to find out what the American Sign Language signs were for "hard drive". It was for a Weird Al-ish music video idea I had: a cover of NIN's "Head Like a Hole", but about technology. When I was working out the different shots in my mind, a lot of it involved me signing (badly!) to the camera.

When I did the search, a year or two ago, I couldn't find anything. Maybe I just chose better search terms this time (in Google, "ASL technology signs"), but I found something right off the bat: a whole web page on signs for technology.

The signs for "hard drive" and "CD" were pretty boring: "H, D" and "C, D". And "database" is "D, B". Ah.

But the sign for "internet" was pretty neat-o.

That's as far as I got: there's a 3 x 18 array of links to click for the video clips, and I didn't want to invoke my latent OCD-ness.


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home