Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

The sort of guy I am

As mentioned, for Father's Day this last weekend I was able to have whatever genre of meal I wanted -- Chinese food, Indian food, steak-and-potatoes restaurant...

I chose pizza. Because -- I like pizza.

I ordered online, and then went and picked it up (with my daughter, who came with me because it was Father's Day so she thought she should accompany). I ticked the box for the deep-dish pizza, rather than thin or regular crust -- not because I'm a big huge fan of deep-dish over "regular" crust -- but because it was the same price, but you get more bread. So, more for free.

I also ticked the "add garlic" and "extra oregano" boxes, because those upgrades were free. I do like garlic, and although I probably wouldn't notice the oregano -- hey! Free.

I did not, however, choose the sweet chili addition -- 'cause even though it was free, I'm not into that flavor.


So: I'm the sort of guy that accepts free stuff, even if I don't have an immediate use for it. Because - hey! free dummy.


--GG

Labels: ,