Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gives me hope for the future

Today while grabbing a bite to eat at a multi-national fast-food corporation, I saw two people in their early to mid 20s. Their manner of interacting showed that they were **clearly** dating.

Both were speaking English -- but judging by their accents, both were immigrants to this country. And judging by their appearance and the differing tonalities of their accents, they each came from completely different continents.

I like that: it gives me hope for the future.


My wife commented that their parents, however, might not be too happy about their dating. Maybe that's true; maybe that isn't. But if their parent's **aren't** happy about it, perhaps that's the kick up the backside that the parents NEED.


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home