Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Nifty old buildings

For some reason, I'm into old architecture -- the insides, more than the outsides. I prefer having an apartment in a 1940s or 1950s building than a 1970s building -- and a 1970s building more than a 1990s building.


Every once in a while I have a dream where I'm living in an old-timey apartment complex. Rent The Million Dollar Hotel to see what I mean: found it by accident on late-night t.v.; fairly slow-paced -- but I love the shots of the lobby, the room, etc. See also Elwood's boarders hotel in The Blues Brothers. The big, huge lobby with guys playing cards? That kinda thing.


So: I stumbled on this website while doing a Google image search for something else. About urban exploration -- checking out abandoned buildings, bunkers, and etc., and then posting pics and descriptions.

Good stuff.


--GG

2 Comments:

At December 03, 2008 7:43 AM, Blogger slag said...

Four Tower digs abandoned buildings too. Same eras and everything. I'll send him the link.

inguesse...sounds supercilious.

 
At December 03, 2008 10:52 AM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

"inguesse...sounds supercilious."

...and Portuguese! :)


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home