Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Makes me misty

From a blog entry from Black Raving Lunatic:

"See, most of the world may not change, but I think black people will. This is a defining moment in our history. We will believe more, we will work harder and we will acomplish things. Sometimes all it takes is one victory to believe things will be different. This is that victory. Our communities may still be overrun by crime, our schools may be overburdened and underfinanced, but I think black people now realize that things don't have to be that way."

Well spoken.


Inspired by reading another one of his blog entries:

"President Barack Obama, (Good God that felt good) [...]"


So, I tried it on for size: said "President Barack Obama."

Made my eyes mist up a bit. Hm.


--GG

3 Comments:

At November 12, 2008 10:21 AM, Blogger slag said...

You missed some good partying this election. It's amazing. Everything feels a little better, a little brighter, a little...hopier.

 
At November 12, 2008 11:39 AM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

"Hopier" is good. You should use it in daily speech.

(Potential Obama t-shirt: "Everything's a little hopier now"?)


--GG

 
At April 01, 2009 12:20 PM, Anonymous Giovanni said...

Maybe it's the German language buried in me, but when I read "Makes me misty" it made me think of a different adjective. Just like the NPR show that plays Irish music every Saturday morning in Oregon -- "Mist Covered Mountain." In German, mist is slang for manure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home