Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Two kid-related things.

Cognitive: This morning, The Girl was on the phone to her grandmother (who lives across the road). The Girl held up a pink shirt to the phone, and said, "Look! I have a pink Dorothy the Dinosaur shirt!”

Of course, Mum can’t see it over the phone – but that didn’t occur to The Girl. Thus, she's clearly at one of those Piaget stages of development where she can't yet fully "take the role of the other".

Dad-ness: A student stops by my office to ask some questions. Being near summer, I'm wearing walking shorts. I cross my legs, happen to glance down -- and notice dried snot matted into my leg hairs (near my calf).

The boys were crawling around on my lap this morning, before I left for work: must've happened then.

A sign of being a dad, I supposed: dried snot on your clothes (and on your person).


--GG

1 Comments:

At November 12, 2008 10:23 AM, Blogger slag said...

Snot? Too. Much. Information.

wismen...I'm feeling wiser already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home