Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Two Aussie-isms

I'm not sure if these are Australian phrasings, or just unique to The Lady and her family. But I noticed that The Girl uses these turns of phrase -- and it's not how **I** say it...!!!

1) "riding up" -- as in, "My undies are riding up on me"

2) “hop out” -- as in, “Time to hop out of the bath”


On the other hand, The Girls says "cookie", rather than "bikkie" (short for "biscuit" -- what Aussies call cookies). So, there's some balance. :)


--GG

2 Comments:

At December 03, 2008 7:41 AM, Blogger slag said...

I've heard those phrases from non-Aussies (Naussies?) before.

 
At December 03, 2008 10:57 AM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Hm! Maybe it's just my family, or my region of the U.S. that I hail from.

Love the term "Naussies". Must remember to use.


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home