Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Two more linguistic things

Two more linguistic things, from The Girl.


Yesterday:
I was going to cut up an apple for The Girl, for an evening snack. I'd already asked The Lady if she wanted an apple, too -- but she declined.

The Girl: "Mommy can share with my apple."

Me (correcting her grammar): "No, no: It's 'Mommy can share my apple with me.' "

The Girl: "Mommy can share with my apple and your apple!"(*)


Today: Starting a week or two ago, The Girl has taken to choosing her outfits: not every day, but some mornings. She's also taken to (mostly) dressing herself.

Me: "Hey, that's a nice outfit, [name of girl]."

The Girl: "No, it's a dress."


--GG

(*) Reminded me of the old joke:

Boy: "My brother and me are going to the circus tomorrow."

Teacher (correcting): "My brother and **I** are going to the circus tomorrow."

Boy: "Hey! Maybe we'll see you two there!"

1 Comments:

At June 12, 2008 4:13 AM, Blogger slag said...

Who's on first?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home