Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Tick-isms?

A person I know with madd graphix skillz posted a blog entry about Tick-isms. (The Tick is the Mighty Blue Avenger -- you all knew that, right? The animated series was **much** better than the short-lived, live-action one.)

One of the things he's known for are bold, earnestly naive declarations and catchphrases regarding justice and/or evildoing. Badly mangled and/or over-extended metaphors are often involved.

Example: ''Stretching their minds on the RACK of JUSTICE!!!'' (That's from memory; it could be a little off.)

A better, more convoluted one: ""Destiny's powerful hand has made the bed of my future and it's up to me to lie in it. [...] You don't fight destiny, no sir! And you don't eat crackers in the bed of your future or you get all...scratchy."

Pretty good lists here, and here, and also here. Actually, these are just the first three hits from Googling ''tick-isms''.


So -- your challenge for the day: come up with a few Tick-isms of your own. (Probably just short, catchy ones.)


Off the top of my head: ''Flogging evil-doers with the giant noodle of Justice!!!''


Sorry, two more -- I think from the comic book:

''I'm sure millions of viewers are out there just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly. It's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done.''

''Be reasonable; you can't destroy everything! Where would you sit?''


--GG

2 Comments:

At September 07, 2007 2:08 PM, Blogger slag said...

I hate to say it GG, but Tick-isms only ever come to me when I'm not trying. So, I failed the challenge. I know I've had some in the past but have forgotten them. I'm now trying to write more stuff down....with the might pen of indelible genius!

How's that one?

PS I have minimal graphics skills, but I appreciate the sentiment! My indelible genius comes from an appreciation of the absurd.

 
At September 07, 2007 2:09 PM, Blogger slag said...

damn! That was supposed to be "mighty" pen of indelible genius!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home