Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, September 02, 2007

A pleasant Father's Day

Today (Sunday) was Father's Day here in Aussie-land. Had a good day. The Lady gave me my Father's Day gifts from her, and the ones from The Girl. Included my very first gimlet (photo of a similar one to the left -- although after the initial twist, it was more like a spoon bit (lower photo). Then went out for b-fast at McD's (The Lady likes it). I had a double helping of pancakes, and ate it all, easily.

We tried using the space station-like climbing gym at McD's -- lots of tunnels! -- but the girl (just turned 3yo) is still a little young. Got stuck, and I had to go in after her. I **barely** fit -- any taller or fatter and I would've had trouble.

So, took her to a regular, outdoors park. Went on the swings. The slide, unfortunately, was down for repairs.

Then home, some food while watching some of my M.A.S.H. DVD episodes with The Lady, and then The Kid went down for a nap. The Lady and I measured out where the garage and the carport will be going (my folks are nicely giving us some money towards this). Then across the road to The Lady's folks, where the kin had gathered for her dad's portion of Father's Day.

Then I borrowed her folks' riding mower and cut the grass at our place -- getting a bit shaggy, esp. over the drainfield -- and our old place (next door). I **like** mowing the lawn, so this was my productive-yet-fun Father's Day ''treat''.

Then, dinner -- at my request, takeaway from KFC. Had a hankering for mashed potatoes. Sadly, no potato salad available as a side -- apparently that's in the U.S., but not here. Play with The Girl a bit more, get her ready for bed, do bedtime stories.

Then check e-mail while watching two more episodes of M.A.S.H. Despite the time-stamp for this entry, it's actually 12:25am: had such a pleasant day, I don't want it to end.


Oh: Thanks for the concern of those who inquired about my health off-blog. My energy levels are back to 100%. Minor nose-running first thing in the morning, and an oddly persistent dry cough off and on throughout the day. But I **feel** fine... :)

Monday I teach; then, since I feel fine, back into the Dissertation!


--GG

4 Comments:

At September 03, 2007 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your writing skills have improved much over time, my young grasshopper (not that they were ever not good, but I can really see the difference). Must be all that dissertat... er, I mean... blogging ;-)

Anyhow, enjoyable read! Happy Father's Day!

 
At September 04, 2007 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day mein Bruder!

 
At September 05, 2007 12:24 AM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Thankee to both ya. :)


--GG

 
At September 05, 2007 5:18 AM, Blogger slag said...

MASH is awesome! The s.o. and I keep talking about how relevant it is. I approve of your viewing choice. Happy day to you!

P.S. I hereby dedicate my most recent blog entry to you for Father's Day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home