Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, August 17, 2007

Less sick, excellent moving progress

Two items of note. One is that I'm at the tail end of my cold (I hope!). My energy levels are about 85% of normal.

The other is that BrotherDave, my next door brother in law, very kindly volunteered to help me move boxes across from our old place. We did three loads together (with me driving, pulling a borrowed trailer), and then when I had to stop to put The Girl down for her nap, he kept going via a handtruck. In fact he, with some help from my father in law, managed to finish emptying out the old house. Amazing!!!

Unfortunately, I now have a front porch **completely** filled with boxes, an ironing board, and etc. Makes me a bit nervous, since it potentially looks like steal-able stuff from the road, even though it's mostly kids' books, photocopied academic journal articles, and the like. Hopefully I'll be able to knock it off tomorrow. (Unfortunately, I can't bring it directly inside, as the stuff **still** needs a once-over with a vacuum, since it has road grit all over it due to the old house's proximity to a rural road.)


Anyhow: 85% normal. (Health, at least.)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home