Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sick and stymied

Well, the good thing about being sick is that you **really** appreciate being ''normal'' -- your pep, your energy, your lack of sluggishness.

The Girl came down with something. A day or so later The Lady caught it, and I followed up a day or so after that. At this point, The Girl is back to normal, so she's racing around the house joyfully full of beans as her parents are dragging their sorry bodies after her, trying to keep her in check.

Not that being sick ever comes at a **convenient** time, but this one was particularly inopportune: need to finish a government report by the end of the month; need to finish clearing out our stuff from the old house, so we can officially hand it over to The Lady's sister; and I need to finish my Dissertation -- which I haven't touched in about a month, due to spending my non-work time de-road-dusting our things and hauling them across to our new place -- when I'm not looking after the kid.

Feeling a bit frustrated and stymied: **really** wanted to spend August working on my Dissertation. Instead, I'm not sure I'll be finishing by the end of Fall quarter. I'm bummed.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home